SAHF's 2023-2024 Strategic Plan consists of 5 goals:
- Advance systems, policies and practices that increase, and preserve and accelerate the supply of quality affordable rental homes for people with limited economic means.
- Support and advance the agency, stability, health and wellness, and economic mobility of residents.
- Advance equitable, environmentally sustainable design and operations to promote housing stability and improved health outcomes for residents of affordable rental housing.
- Advance racial equity in the affordable rental housing sector by leveraging the power and resources of SAHF member organizations and demonstrating accountability through the SAHF collaborative.
- Promote the value and strengthen the effectiveness of SAHF members as leaders in creating and providing equitable, resident-centered affordable rental homes.