SAHF members are committed to providing their residents with a platform to tell their stories, share their accomplishments, and advocate for the resources to ensure all have a healthy and affordable place to call home. Their stories reveal the incredible ways that stable homes impact lives and communities and help to shift the narrative about the people that housing resources serve and the reasons why so many individuals, families, and seniors across the country struggle to find homes that are affordable and provide access to opportunity. Follow the links below to hear the stories of the residents that SAHF members serve.
- National Housing Trust - 'Where Will We Live?' Campaign
- BRIDGE Housing Stories
- POAH Resident Voices
- Good Samaritan Society - Our Stories
- Retirement Housing Foundation Resident Stories
- National Church Residences Resident Stories
- NHP Foundation's Resident Stories
- Mercy Housing Resident Stories
- Community Housing Partners Impact Stories
- Volunteers of America Stories
- CommonBond Communities Resident Stories
- SAHF's Resident Voices - Benefits of Energy Efficiency
In 2020, SAHF released “Resident Voice and Agency in Affordable Rental Housing – A Qualitative Analysis” detailing how affordable housing organizations can better operationalize resident voice. This project is the culmination of resident focus groups and one-on-one staff interviews exploring resident voice, power, and decision-making; resident data collection and sharing back with residents; and how the property and staff interactions support resident health and well-being, with an emphasis on mental health.
SAHF's Resident Outcomes Initiative seeks to collect and analyze data that reflects the ways that healthy and affordable homes impact residents and communities. Be sure to check out SAHF's report, "The Impact of Home" for more information!