SAHF and CommonBond Host Webinar on the Social Returns on Investment of Preventing Evictions
Last week, SAHF and CommonBond Communities hosted a webinar on the social value of preventing evictions. The webinar discusses the findings and methodology from CommonBond's recent Social Return on Investment (SROI) analysis, every $1 invested in their eviction prevention activities yields $4 in social return in the forms of increased educational outcomes, lower healthcare usage, and decreased use of homeless shelters. The webinar also includes a wider conversation of how we can better measure the value of a stable, service-enriched home in order to improve outcomes and opportunities for residents and drive more investment into healthy homes and thriving communities that people can call home.
There is still a lot of work to do, and we ask for your support in helping us spread the word. Here's how you can stay engaged:
- Share this video on social media
- Read CommonBond's recent blog post tied to the housing stability event
- Read more about the SROI study (and talk about it with your colleagues, friends, and family)
- Learn more about SAHF’s efforts to begin measuring the impact of service-enriched housing
- Demonstrate your organization’s commitment to robust resident services coordination at your affordable housing communities by applying for the CORES Certification
- Connect with us on social media for updates on this work
Thank you for your interest in reducing evictions to improve housing stability and create healthy vibrant communities. Let’s keep going!