Project Manager, Resident Services Outcomes Initiative
Posted: January 13, 2017
Stewards of Affordable Housing (SAHF) is seeking a Project Manager, Residents Services Outcomes Initiative.
SAHF is a collaborative of thirteen exemplary multi-state nonprofit affordable housing providers who own more than 125,000 affordable rental homes. SAHF members are committed to long-term affordability, sustainability and expansion of rental housing that makes a difference in people’s lives. SAHF’s mission is to lead policy innovation and advance excellence in the delivery of affordable rental homes that expand opportunity and promote dignity for residents.
SAHF and its members apply on-the-ground experience to advance change in policy and practice. They leverage one another’s best practices and collaborate with one another and SAHF’s affiliate, the National Affordable Housing Trust, on business and mission opportunities. SAHF focuses on pursuing innovation where the scale of the collaborative can have unique and substantial impact.
SAHF’s members provide resident services in many of their properties and are deeply committed to identifying those services that can most effectively make a difference in people’s lives. As a collaborative, they are committed to working both independently and together on resident services, housing policy, housing operations and management and energy and water conservation.
Background of SAHF’s Resident Services Outcomes Initiative
A quality affordable home is the foundation of opportunity and dignity. We can fundamentally enhance that foundation through service enriched housing and a community that supports and provides opportunity. The Resident Services Outcomes Initiative creates a common framework for members to demonstrate the impact of affordable housing and other services in five areas: health and wellness; work, income, and assets; housing stability; youth and education; and community engagement.
To dramatically increase the effectiveness, availability and financial support of service-enriched rental housing, SAHF launched the Resident Services Outcomes Initiative to reinforce and accelerate a fundamental culture and systems change at the practitioner, policymaker and investor level. SAHF’s Resident Services Outcomes Initiative aims to transform resident services from a source of anecdotal successes to a system of consistent assessments and supports that generate more sustained, measurable and significant outcomes.
This dynamic position allows for significant independence, creativity, and leadership potential and the opportunity to guide an innovative and transformational initiative.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Outcomes team, including the Senior VP for Health and Housing and the Data and Analytics Associate, as well as the SAHF members, to collaboratively develop goals and strategies for the Resident Services Outcome Initiative (“the Initiative”) and serve as overall project manager for the Initiative – tracking goals, strategies and workplans, managing budgets, creating timelines, and meeting deadlines;
- Serve as lead staff person on resident services strategies, content, best practices and partnerships related to financial capability, asset building, resident and community engagement, workforce training, education and youth programming;
- Represent SAHF at industry convenings and make presentations to external audiences on the Initiative;
- Research and stay current with best practices on resident service coordination and support SAHF’s Community of Practice on systems of enhanced resident service coordination;
- Support fundraising efforts for the Initiative, including proposal writing;
- Produce content for written and web-based materials on the Initiative and provide general support for Initiative-related communications efforts;
- Manage grants (applications and reports), budgets and consultants for the Initiative in collaboration with the Outcomes team;
- Plan and support the in person and virtual convening of SAHF members and partners on a regular basis to provide opportunities for learning and peer sharing to advance the Initiative, improve members’ resident services and share best practices, new ideas and innovative strategies on resident services. Support resident services peer group.
- Facilitate the participation of all SAHF members in the data collection aspect of the Initiative and as necessary, work with the Data & Analytics Associate to support the production of quality resident data across the portfolio;
- Engage the broader affordable housing industry to ensure the Initiative is helpful in moving forward policy discussions related to outcomes and resident services;
- Collaborate with and support the Outcomes work of the SVP of Health and Housing as appropriate;
- Collaborate with and support the EVP for Policy on housing policy issues that impact the Initiative, including the Family Self Sufficiency Program, the digital divide, a range of anti-poverty assistance programs as well as resident services coordination funding; and
- Coordinate content and provide support as needed for SAHF board meetings and events.
- Bachelors or higher degree required; advanced degree preferred, especially in a related field including public policy, social work, law, education or public health;
- At least three years of relevant prior work experience, with preference for on-theground or policy experience related to affordable housing, resident services, financial capability/asset building, workforce training, education or community engagement preferred;
- Deep understanding and demonstrated commitment to addressing the challenges and opportunities facing low-income individuals and families across the nation and commitment to SAHF’s mission;
- Excellent writer;
- Strong oral communications and presentation skills;
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to manage deadlines, budgets and consultants;
- Must be a self-starter, have attention to detail and the ability to multi-task;
- Strong customer service orientation, especially as it relates to SAHF’s members; and
- Demonstrated collaborator, successful team member and demonstrated ability to build and maintain partnerships.
- SAHF is an equal opportunity employer where diversity is considered an asset.
- To apply, please submit a cover letter and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The position will be filled as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we are unable to speak personally with everyone who contacts us. We will contact candidates that we believe best meet our needs.